Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Beautiful City of Kuala Lumpur



Sometimes you hear of people complaining how terrible it is to stay in Kuala Lumpur or for that matter Malaysia. But if one is a traveller like me there is always no place like home. Malaysia will always be the best.

I love places like Japan, China, Thailand. Australia, South Africa, Canada, US and Europe but it is not like home. Home is where we grew up and it is where we know the inside out of everything. Try staying in China for a month and we will be craving for the laksa and cha koey teow.

Things here are also comparatively cheap compared to say Thailand where I just came back a few days ago. Some like to go to Thailand for the massage and the Tom Yum and the Spa but after a while it gets boring. For me I never get bored with the happenings in KL.

The view from my apartment in KL gives you and idea of what its like in KL. Five minutes from my apartment is Bukit Bintang and the rock and roll goes on until 2 in the morning. You don't have to get drunk to enjoy. Try Elcerdo where they serve the piglet from nose to tail ( Spainish style ) It is absolutely delicious.

So if anyone is looking forward to a nice friendly new government with Male Cabinet Ministers wearing a white, green or checkered bandage on their head and female ones with a batman outfit. As the Americans say " I'm getin outta ere ". By the way this is my personal view. Some may like it.

Maybe if that happens then I may move my base of operation to China and spend more time there where its now experimenting with Capitalistic form of Communism. Believe me it is not bad lah !!!

Food for thought!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment