Monday, February 8, 2010

Time - Chasing after Time.

Today I got up at 7-30am as usual and sent Pauline to school at 8-30am. I wanted to rush down to the Chinese Embassy to get back my visa latest by 9-30am but the traffic was so terrible outside Summit. Normally I take that way. Not that I wanted to, Christine and I had breakfast - Penang Curry Mee. Wow loading myself with Carbo. We normally share one bowl. Prices have gone up compared to those days when it costs about RM2-50 a bowl. Nasi lemak was 50 cents. That was when I started out as a lawyer. Those were the days when time was hard and money hard to come by. Not that now it is easy. Still hard. I think that's why they call it hard currency. Finally managed to get out of Subang and arrived at the Chinese Embassy. 10-30am. I had to park outside Wisma MCA along the road where the yellow line was so obvious. Everybody was giving me the looks as they drive past me. But the only consolation is that in front of me there is another car or two and behind me another car. After a while i just pretend I am invincible. Rushed down to my weekend apartment in Bukit Ceylon, got the files and made a dash for the TNB. Surprisingly traffic wasn't that bad. By the time everything got sorted out it was already 1-30pm. Had lunch at Sungei Way few doors away from Public Bank. Claypot Chicken rice. Don't go there ever!!!!. The Claypot Chicken Rice was yukky!!!.No taste and the rice was mushy. The guy that made the claypot chicken rice also looked like he forgot to take a shower. For at least a week. To compensate for this the officer at Public Bank was extremely helpful. Helped us settle a bit, the easiest way possible and even printed out detail breakdown of statements of account. Finally made one circle and is back in Subang USJ by 3-00pm sharp. Got to do some affirmation. It's National Service really. Can't make money out of affirmation as a Commissioner for Oaths. Believe me. Manage to talk to a client by 3-30pm and off to Giant Putra Height to get some stuff so that Christine can cook my favourite Curry Chicken. By the time finish shopping had to rush down to fetch Pauline from school at 5-00pm. It was raining ... nope... pouring. So at 5-40pm happiness. Free rain water which I pump the water out from my pool outside the house to wash the two cars, car porch, front entrance and walkway. i love water - especially when it is free. Always build a big pool outside your house to collect rain water. Manage to take a nice warm shower by 6-30pm, Hot water is free too cos i got a solar water heater on my roof top. Dinner by 7-00pm and write my Blog by 7-30pm. Now I am having my tea with milk. English tea imported from England. Well.... errrr. Evelyn left it behind when she went back to London. Her luggage was too heavy already. I just love it. Mey Mey wants me to fetch her from her friends house and Elaine wants me to accompany her to buy her food stuff to bring back to Indonesia. Being a good daddy I dutifully and happily said OK. Now my maid Martinez just brought me my fungus tea and said " Sir, Maam wants you to finish this horrible stuff that taste like urine - not that I have tasted urine -which I will not drink for a million years " Ha!!! Ha!!! Just joking. She just said " Sir, Maam the tigress of Malaya, said drink up now and she mean now, or she will come up and pump it down your throat " How's that for a full day.

4 comments:

  1. Great start, Uncle William!
    When going to China and where to?

    One suggestion - please chop into paragraphs. Very hard to read la :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise. Will do paragraphing next time. Anyway I am off to China again on the 1st March. Where else Shenzhen Loh. Have to work lah my fren. Anyway do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad.. funny... mom did not say that.. she would either give u the silent killer stare or a look that looks like she is bout to explode in ur face if u dun finish that shitty tea.. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do - http://ymleow.blogspot.com - but made only 1 entry, that was some 3 years ago, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete