Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chinese New Year - Going away time

Each year seem to pass by so fast and this is Chinese New Year again. Normally for workers this time of the year they will look forward to the generous employer who will give them a bonus and ang pow. For the Employer this is the time of the year they have to make a hard and tough decision as to how much to give or not to give.

I called up a few days ago to a Tour Agent to ask for information concerning the Matta Fair and the respond was " No idea ". When I asked them the second question, the answer was again - " no idea " but in a more sacarstic tone. I can't imagine how much was his bonus or whether he got one.

When I was running my legal firm, I always made sure that each and every one of my staff gets a minimum of one month, even though the business was bad. When times were good I gave 4 months.

We've got what we wanted more or less. So I always say give and thou shall receive. Give what we think we can and not to the extent of suffering and depriving ourselves.

I know of someone who is always asking for money and it never stops. What they do with the money? Gambling habit. It is a disease worse than death because it is suffering, eternal suffering. So I hope that this disease will not befall any of my family. I know of a Doctor. He is now bearing a burden because of his gambling habit. Imagine a Doctor. What a waste.

Happy New Year !!!

1 comment:

  1. Much easier to read now with paragraphs, Uncle William!

    I remember one year when the proprietors of 2 law firms, a guy who office was in Jalan Silang and a lady in Menara Promet, did their respective disappearing acts, after being over-generous to Uncle Lim.

    There's a friend whom I joke about saying if you give him a naked lady and a gambling table, he'd choose the gambling table.

    Great boss you are to have your employees at heart.

    ReplyDelete