Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Something To Think About



The first thing that greeted me when I went up the hill overlooking Songkhla Bay were these words. It suddenly struck me that these were the exact words my wife said to me for umpteen times. She must have either read it somewhere or she must have thought about it very deeply.

I think it was more like having thought about it for a long time. Christine is a very practical person. Sometimes she can be repeating the same thing over and over again but I guess that's only natural. My friend tells me that women are all like that. Now that my daughters are grown up they are also like that. But I suppose it is all a matter of getting use to.

I like it when my brother in law tells his wife " Just let it go ". Englishman too suffers the same agony just like me. This is probably international.

I recall Elaine telling me a few days ago that I should stop having beers and refrain from smoking. Having a beer or two had always been my passion. Smoking, well, maybe not too often now.

She asked me " Daddy, do you know how the body feels when you inhale the cigarette smoke ? " I said well it's like a relaxant. Noooo!!!!! its like standing inside a burning house fill with black choking smoke and that is how the body feels like.

Now that is an awful thought. I must have been exposing my body to so many burning houses. Sometimes 10 burning houses in a day.

Perhaps that's why i need to put out the fire. I drink beer when I smoke. Just to put out the fire - nothing else. Honestly !!! wink! wink!

1 comment:

  1. dad.. giving u the advice is like not giving it to u at all!!

    ReplyDelete